Job Title: Corporate Banking Manager
HSBC is one of the world's leading banks, with a network covering 67 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programs and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
HSBC corporate consists of c. 60,000 Mastergroups and represents CMB's largest and more complex customers. On a per average customer revenue basis, Corporate customers are also CMB's most profitable customers. CMB Corporate provides standard commercial banking products (working capital finance, short-term loans, deposits, payments etc.) in conjunction with product specialists (e.g. PCM, Global Banking and Markets, Trade & Receivables Finance), Corporate Banking provides both domestic and cross-border banking solutions including Cash Management, Trade Services, Investment Banking and advisory services.
The role holder is expected to acquire, retain, and expand relationships with the customers we want to bank within CMB, by profitably identifying and meeting their needs. This means identifying customer needs first and then recommending product solutions that are appropriate for the customer to consider and accept.
Duties & Responsibilities
Building existing and winning new long-term relationships with the customers we want to bank, coherent with CMB's strategy to be the Leading International Trade and Business Bank
Relationships managed by placing customer needs at the forefront of all that the role holder does, setting world class standards
Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as the market leader in this segment.
Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements.
Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information, on HORIS, Client Vision and CARM and other systems as required.
Maintain up to date and accurate deal pipeline on CV
Monitor relationship profitability regularly and ensure that the return is commensurate with the type of client and both CMB and the client's risk appetite.
Take timely and proactive corrective action to mitigate potential losses, exercising effective portfolio stewardship and control
Collaborating with product partners to identify and match customer needs with relevant expertise; notably with GTRF, PCM, GBM, GPB and IB.
Ensure all CDD (and associated activities) are completed on time.
Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Experience & Qualifications
· Minimum of 6 years' experience in managing commercial relationships with international needs
· Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
· Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
· Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
· Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
· Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
· Knowledge of how CMB clients operate
· Knowledge of Trade, PCM, GB&M, RBWM, and working knowledge of IB & GPB products and capabilities
· Robust understanding of client planning methodology
· Knowledge of group systems, including CARM, ClientVision, HORIS, Global Links and Deal point
· Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM
· Wide personal connections within the group and outside the group (chambers of commerce and other associations
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, accounting or related fields
Commercial Banking (CMB) serves millions of businesses, from small enterprises and mid-market companies to large multinationals, in developed and faster-growing markets around the world. We provide the services and expertise that businesses need to thrive. Commercial Banking has a network that covers three-quarters of global trade flows. We provide businesses with banking services in their home markets and overseas. These include trade and receivables finance, payments and cash management, multi-currency accounts, commercial cards, overdrafts, working capital finance, insurance, term loans and syndicated, leveraged, acquisition and project finance. For more information visit http://www.hsbc.com/careers/explore-our-business
We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop our talent seriously.
Joining HSBC will give you the chance to work in a collegiate, supportive and inclusive environment in which we seek to develop and promote people based on merit. We will provide you with tailored training and support to help you identify and follow your chosen career path, as well as access to a range of market-competitive benefits.
What to expect at HSBC
The chance to realize your ambitions
Globally connected careers
A strong emphasis on values
Learning and development opportunities
An inclusive, meritocratic culture
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips http://www.hsbc.com/careers
“Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets"